Feb 25, 2010
\\home
Feb. 25, 2010:
I got home last night from my old home (from Petrolia [which is finally on Google Street View] to Toronto). I had a really good time back home. It was very successful, and fun. My mom just got out of surgery, and was transported back home, so we had a really good time talking. While she was in the hospital, she did a lot of thinking about how blessed her children are. My brother and sister (both older than I) sat in her room as she laid in pain and talked to her. She was crying and telling us how grateful she is that she has three really healthy, good looking, children that are all in University and living out the dreams we have always had. My sister (21) is married and starting a drop in centre for kids in low-income houses (like freedom writers). My brother (22) is dating a girl in England and just got accepted to Keele University in Northern England; he is a writer and researcher in English and History. And I (19 in a month exactly) am living in Toronto, writing music and getting gigs, and studying Human Services and Sociology. My mother had a lot of time to think about who we are as a family and be proud of us. This was a very touching moment as a child of such a broken family.
My brother and I recorded a song on Monday for one of his classes. It was a medley of five songs from the American South in the 1930s and earlier. The songs were typical Black Spiritual songs so we, as two white boys, maybe brutalized it. But I really like the final outcome. I did most of the instruments, and my brother did Trumpet and helped to produce the song. I was impressed with his musical knowledge after being out of the loops since high school. He still knows how to write score music a lot more than me. Crazy!
I spent some quality time with my cousin as well, he is going through some hard times (he is 16) so I tried to empathize with him. His parents are going through some hard times too, so I think he liked to just Jam with me and escape that stress. He played Piano and I played Acoustic guitar. That was really fun. He is good!
So now, I am home in Toronto. My sister and brother in-law rearranged the apartment, and I love it!
I cleaned my room really good. And that feels good too...
I got home last night from my old home (from Petrolia [which is finally on Google Street View] to Toronto). I had a really good time back home. It was very successful, and fun. My mom just got out of surgery, and was transported back home, so we had a really good time talking. While she was in the hospital, she did a lot of thinking about how blessed her children are. My brother and sister (both older than I) sat in her room as she laid in pain and talked to her. She was crying and telling us how grateful she is that she has three really healthy, good looking, children that are all in University and living out the dreams we have always had. My sister (21) is married and starting a drop in centre for kids in low-income houses (like freedom writers). My brother (22) is dating a girl in England and just got accepted to Keele University in Northern England; he is a writer and researcher in English and History. And I (19 in a month exactly) am living in Toronto, writing music and getting gigs, and studying Human Services and Sociology. My mother had a lot of time to think about who we are as a family and be proud of us. This was a very touching moment as a child of such a broken family.
My brother and I recorded a song on Monday for one of his classes. It was a medley of five songs from the American South in the 1930s and earlier. The songs were typical Black Spiritual songs so we, as two white boys, maybe brutalized it. But I really like the final outcome. I did most of the instruments, and my brother did Trumpet and helped to produce the song. I was impressed with his musical knowledge after being out of the loops since high school. He still knows how to write score music a lot more than me. Crazy!
I spent some quality time with my cousin as well, he is going through some hard times (he is 16) so I tried to empathize with him. His parents are going through some hard times too, so I think he liked to just Jam with me and escape that stress. He played Piano and I played Acoustic guitar. That was really fun. He is good!
So now, I am home in Toronto. My sister and brother in-law rearranged the apartment, and I love it!
I cleaned my room really good. And that feels good too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Lucas Michael
- I am Lucas Michael Roberts. I just entered a new era in my life. My music has changed, my views on life have changed, and I have had a complete turn around in who I am. Is this good? I am not sure. We will have to stay on this road to figure it out. Keep in touch. Drop me a line with questions. Lucas.
0 comments:
Post a Comment