Feb 25, 2010
\\gig
Feb. 25, 2010:
Once again, it has been a while since my last post. I maybe shouldn't say that I will update this all the time, that puts a limit on how much time I spend away from my MacBook.
I played a wicked gig last Saturday night. I honestly played 10 songs in 35 minutes. I know that it sounds like my songs must be easy and small, but they are just normal songs. I didn't talk to the audience a lot, but did make them laugh a few times. The show was a battle of the bands style so most of the bands were sixteen year old's trying to impress their parents with three cover songs that they spent hours and hours learning in the basement jam room. I just played a bunch of random songs from my life that I have written. I started by saying, "I, unlike the other bands, am going to play all originals; except for a few covers from my first album, so they are originals too". Then, I played. I only forgot one lyric the whole night, which is a drastic difference from other shows that I have played. I loved playing.
After the show, I did rounds to different groups of friends saying Hello and Thank you for coming. That is a fun part of the night. I settled down with a friend from work and her friends. We hung out for a few hours after the show. We went to McDonalds and to a random mall on Yonge and Eglington. I am really excited about this because I now have a group of friends that are decent! They are all going to come over on Friday for Nachos and a movie.
I am now going to write another blog, but it is so different, I will just make a new one.
Once again, it has been a while since my last post. I maybe shouldn't say that I will update this all the time, that puts a limit on how much time I spend away from my MacBook.

I played a wicked gig last Saturday night. I honestly played 10 songs in 35 minutes. I know that it sounds like my songs must be easy and small, but they are just normal songs. I didn't talk to the audience a lot, but did make them laugh a few times. The show was a battle of the bands style so most of the bands were sixteen year old's trying to impress their parents with three cover songs that they spent hours and hours learning in the basement jam room. I just played a bunch of random songs from my life that I have written. I started by saying, "I, unlike the other bands, am going to play all originals; except for a few covers from my first album, so they are originals too". Then, I played. I only forgot one lyric the whole night, which is a drastic difference from other shows that I have played. I loved playing.
After the show, I did rounds to different groups of friends saying Hello and Thank you for coming. That is a fun part of the night. I settled down with a friend from work and her friends. We hung out for a few hours after the show. We went to McDonalds and to a random mall on Yonge and Eglington. I am really excited about this because I now have a group of friends that are decent! They are all going to come over on Friday for Nachos and a movie.
I am now going to write another blog, but it is so different, I will just make a new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Lucas Michael
- I am Lucas Michael Roberts. I just entered a new era in my life. My music has changed, my views on life have changed, and I have had a complete turn around in who I am. Is this good? I am not sure. We will have to stay on this road to figure it out. Keep in touch. Drop me a line with questions. Lucas.
0 comments:
Post a Comment