Feb 5, 2010
\\friends
Feb. 4, 2010: Today, I was talking to a friend on the phone, it was really nice. She and I talked a bit about the below post. She agreed, that it is not the point of this really interesting anecdote to change how we live, but be mindful of it. She made an interesting point that differed from mine. (recap: mine was that we should be grateful for things we have and not take it for granted) She took from it this: We should not let the things that we have (i.e. mac, starbucks, cigar, clothes) define who we are. Who we are is found in God, first of all, in how we treat people, in how we act when we are alone and in the characteristics that build us a an individual. I really like this. Next in my day; I worked. I like my job (the deli at a grocery store). I worked with a girl who's in grade 10. It is really fun to work with her because she is talkative and has a very intelligent sense of humor. We worked really hard tonight to get customers because there is talk of the store closing, or cutting hours, and we both really need the money. That was fun. To take ownership of a job is what makes it or breaks it. I really like working now; I feel accomplished when I go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Lucas Michael
- I am Lucas Michael Roberts. I just entered a new era in my life. My music has changed, my views on life have changed, and I have had a complete turn around in who I am. Is this good? I am not sure. We will have to stay on this road to figure it out. Keep in touch. Drop me a line with questions. Lucas.
0 comments:
Post a Comment