Feb 17, 2010

\\pancakes

Feb. 17, 2010:
I have not blogged for a few days simply because I have been absolutely swamped with business. I cannot believe how quickly a day goes by when all of a sudden it is morning again.
I have been getting ready for my two shows coming up. I am excited and nervous for two reasons: I just wrote these songs, so I am not fully confident on singing the lyrics properly (I forget them a lot) and because I am so used to getting hyper when I am on stage, but I want to just be chill and relaxed. My new songs are lower, so if I am hyper or adrenalin is running through my veins, then I might not be able to hit all the low notes. I am a bit scared. But I am really excited because the people who are coming to see me have not really seen me perform before, so they will see the new music and perfected voice.
Today, I took resumés out to a local mall. I dropped a total of ten off at various stores including: NoFrills, Canadian Tire, Zellers, the Pickle Barrel, Subway, Shoppers Drug Mart, Le Chateau, Stiches and The Bay. Now, the last three are the best because they would be something that I have never done before: clothing service. Le Chateau is actually my favourite because it is all womens fashion. When I took my resumé the manager and associate checked me out [I was looking pretty stellar today] and then asked if I realized that it was all womens fashion to which I responded "yes, I am aware. I would love to work here". Then, I walked up with my clicking shoes to these old ladies at the Bay and they checked me out. I asked if I could drop a resume off and they were both like "YES!"
\\Ego Booster//

Today is Pancake Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. I had pancakes yesterday, so I had a leftover one this morning. I really liked it. We put slivers of apple in the pancake mix, so it was really tastie.

For Lent, I have no idea what to give up. I am prodestant, so I have never practiced Lent, but I might this year. I have not yet decided.

For now, I am leaving. I will write more frequently again, but maybe not this week. That also, I have yet to decide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Lucas Michael
I am Lucas Michael Roberts. I just entered a new era in my life. My music has changed, my views on life have changed, and I have had a complete turn around in who I am. Is this good? I am not sure. We will have to stay on this road to figure it out. Keep in touch. Drop me a line with questions. Lucas.
View my complete profile